Balabanova kushta( eng: Balabanov's house) impresses with its authentic architecture and the harmonious and coherent ensemble with the Renaissance houses nearby. Built at the start of the 19th century, the house consecutively changed three owners. The merchant Luka Balabanov was last and the building bears his name today. In the 1930’s, the house was demolished and subsequently entirely reconstructed, thanks to distinguished Plovdiv architects, on the basis of old photographs and sketches.
Balabanova House has become a symbol of Plovdiv’s cultural life. On the first floor, there’s a permanent exhibition with pieces of Modern Bulgarian art.The second floor, entirely designed in Bulgarian Renaissance style, is a popular chamber scene where all sorts of cultural events take place- concerts, theater performances, exhibitions and even business meetings . Twice a year Balabanova House hosts the international festival "Music Days in Balabanova House." Temporary exhibitions are set out in the two halls on the ground floor.