City Art Gallery – Haskovo
The City Art Gallery in Haskovo was founded in 1962. It is situated inside two neighbouring houses – a Jewish and an Armenian one, declared to be monuments of culture, which were built in the beginning of 20th century. Its initial fund consists of several paintings borrowed from the Regional People’s Council, the Bulgarian People’s Bank and other institutions in Haskovo. Today the fund of the town’s gallery consists of 1668 works (painting, sculpture, graphics and icons).
Most of the works exhibited in the gallery are painted compositions, portraits and busts. They represent the rich traditions of Bulgaria’s national art and its patriotic spirit; determine its high achievements and reveal the talent of the Bulgarian people.