Art Gallery – Ruse
For a long time it was considered that the Art Gallery in Ruse had been founded in 1947. In 1998, however, archived documents were found which pointed at the exact date of its establishment – 30 April 1933.
The Art Gallery in Ruse owns collections of more than 2770 works in total. They represent the development of Bulgarian art from the end of 19th century up to the beginning of 21st century, as well as works by foreign artists from France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Latvia and others. The gallery has 2800 sq m of exhibition area (ground floor and underground floor) distributed in specially designed spaces which allow the maintaining of permanent exhibitions as well as the organizing of around 30 temporary exhibitions annually. The gallery presents solo, collective and shared exhibitions of Bulgarian and foreign artists.
The gallery’s exhibits are divided in collections – painting, graphics, sculpture, contemporary art and photography.