Art Gallery – Burgas
The Art Gallery in Burgas is one of the oldest in the country. It is housed in the former Jewish synagogue - a remarkable architectural monument in the town which was built in 1905 – 1910 by Italian architect Ricardo Toscani. Its establishment was driven by renowned public figures of Burgas, artists and people from the cultural circles. On 7 April 1947 the so called Picture Gallery and Museum was ceremonially unveiled in the Exchange Hall of the Trade Chamber. The gallery started out with a fund comprising of 58 paintings and 6 sculptures but the number of artworks increased after a series of group and solo exhibitions.
Since September 1966 the Art Gallery has been housed in the specially refashioned former Jewish synagogue.