The Presidency building
The Executive Office of the President of the Republic of Bulgaria is in the Presidency building at 2 Dondukov Blvd, built between 1954 and 1956. The Ministries of Justice, Education and Science and others are located in the same government building as well. The National honor guard is the mounted guard outside the Presidency entrance and the sentries are changed every hour. The oldest preserved building in Sofia – the Rotunda church of “St. George”, the ruins of a late antique public complex and Emperor Constantine the Great’s palace are in the courtyard of the Presidency .The main entrance offers a great view of the rotunda thanks to the specially designed glazing.
The largest and most representative ceremony hall at the Presidency is the so called “Coat of Arms Hall”, on the second floor. It is used for the purposes of welcoming international delegations, signing contracts, State Decorations Award ceremonies, and other official events. Small-group meetings take place at the "Red Room", formal dinners are held at the “Mirror Hall”, while common appointments and meetings - at the “Blue room". The Presidency building is at the main street in downtown Sofia, as well as the National Assembly, the Council of Ministers and others.