Sofia Court House
The remarkable 1930s building accommodates several city courts. It is located in the heart of downtown Sofia, at the beginning of "Vitosha" Str. The most significant cases in the country are reviewed here, as well as current second and third level trade, civil and criminal processes and proceedings. The monumental Court House is built in an austere style, though perfectly fitting its purposes. The imposing entrance area – a grand staircase with five massive doors and a majestic archway – significantly contributes to the severe simplicity of the building. Two lion statues guard the main entrance from both sides.
The four-storeyed building has 430 premises, of which 24 courtrooms. For various reasons, it took 11 long years to build the Court House. The historical building was completed in 1940.